Penne Pasta with Spinach and Bacon

I tried a new recipe the other night and it was a winner! The success of a recipe around here is usually shown by how many helpings everyone has. Nathan had 4 huge helpings and Stephen had 3 so this one is a keeper. :-) I tweaked it a bit to make it my own.

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the penne pasta (I used whole wheat), and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.

Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place 1/2 lb. bacon in skillet, and cook until brown and crisp.
Photobucket

Add 3 cloves, finely minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
Photobucket

Stir in two 14 oz. cans of diced tomatoes and cook until heated through.
Photobucket

Rinse 1 bag of baby spinach leaves and add to the skillet.
Photobucket

Cook until wilted. Add freshly ground pepper and a pinch or two of salt.
Photobucket

Pour over the penne pasta and toss until well mixed. Serve with romano cheese sprinkled on top.
Photobucket

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. We love anything with pasta, especially spinach. That looks so good Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love new pasta dishes and anything with bacon HAS to be good! i think I have everything for this recipe... maybe, for dinner tonight!
    Thanks Terri.
    but my goodness.... 3 & 4 helpings!!! yikes, and i thought my boys ate alot. But they are only 10 & 12, i guess i better prepare myself for the future (it's only a few years away and i'll have 2 teen boys!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live