Valentine's Luncheon

Today, I am hosting a ladies luncheon at the church. I wanted to add a few touches to make it special since it is Valentine's Day.

I made a few centerpieces.
Photobucket

Each lady will take home some chocolate roses. I made white, milk chocolate and dark chocolate roses.
Photobucket

There will be a place card at each spot.
Photobucket

Each card has a different verse on God's love for us.
Photobucket

Originally I was going to have each one share about what they love most about their husbands but then I decided to change it because there are going to be a few ladies there who are not married or have been divorced (and not through a choice of their own). I decided that I did not want to make those women who are struggling feel worse about their situation but wanted to focus on God's love for them.

So I'm going to have each one read the verse in their card and then tell one way they have seen God's love demonstrated in the past month.

It's nice to host these things when there is a definite theme!

Comments

  1. Hi Terri,
    Everything looks so beautiful. Enjoy your day.
    Hugs and Parayers,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure all the ladies will feel very loved today! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take so much care over your arrangements Terri. I do think you were wise to change the idea from sharing to reading, it might be difficult for some ladies otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that you are sensitive to the feeling of the single/divorced women.
    Pretty arrangements too!
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful! And I think it was very thoughtful of you to consider the feelings of all of the ladies that were present.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks beautiful and I know it was a wonderful time for all.
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the idea of talking about God's love for us instead of husband's love. For those ladies going through a rough time, it will probably be great to focus on the fact that God's love never fails us, no matter what!
    I know i'm late on this comment and your party is already over. i'm sure it was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live