Vietnamese Fried Rice

Someone asked if I would post this recipe. It's so easy and a wonderful way to use up your leftover meat, rice and veggies.

Normally I only take pictures and post the foods that not only taste delicious but are pretty looking as well. This particular dish is pretty bland looking, however it tastes so good and is so easy that I decided to go ahead and show you. Excuse the pictures. I'll make sure the next recipe I post is aesthetically pleasing! ;-)

Coarsely chop 1 large onion and mince 3 cloves of garlic. Cut leftover pork, chicken or beef into bite size pieces. I used pork. If I was going to serve this for someone else, I would probably add a red pepper just to give it some color.
Photobucket

Saute the veggies and the meat in 2 Tbsp. olive oil until the vegetables are soft and the meat is cooked through.
Photobucket

Add 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. sugar, and 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, 1 cup of leftover or frozen peas, beans or corn as well as 3 cups of cooked rice.
Photobucket

Stir in 2 eggs until well mixed.
Photobucket

Serve and enjoy!
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Hi Terri,
    Thank you for your sweet comment. I am so happy that God used my post to bless your day. I have been tweaking it and I add a few more thoughts that I left out. When you have time drop back by and reread it. I sure feel much lighter now that I am starting to enter God's rest.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live