Defining Creativity

I want to expand on the idea of creativity a bit. I think so many people think that they are not creative because they don't sew, knit, crochet or do crafts. However, I think we need to redefine what creativity means. We are all made in the image of God, the creator. I think we are all naturally more creative than we think.

Being creative could mean:

* Putting together special touches on a meal (making sure you don't have all bland, white foods on the same plate)

* Setting the table with a few special extras - napkins with a fancy fold, a candle.

* Keeping the home clutter-free

* Having colors in the curtains that may pull out a color in the couch

* Folding the laundry neatly instead of shoving it in a drawer

* Planting a flower or vegetable garden

* Putting some plants around the house

* Making a special dessert that your husband or children love

* Picking special cards to send to friends and family

* Arranging the furniture so that it pleases the eye and brings order to the room

* Putting pictures on a wall

* Placing knick-knacks around the house

* If you homeschool, teaching your children how to do something in a different way if they don't get it one way

* Organizing the words on a page to explain something well to a reader

As you can see, creativity is so much more than just arts and crafts. We can be creative in everyday things as well.

What are some ways that you show creativity in your home?

Comments

  1. With the exception of homeschooling (children are grown), I try to show creativity in all the other areas that you have listed. Thanks for sharing this.

    We received about 1-2 inches of snow but it was completey gone by the afternoon. However, it was beautiful while it lasted.

    Blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Terri, thanks for this post. It reminded me that I AM creative!!
    Thanks for missing me too. It is nice to be missed. I hope to start posting more often.
    Aprille is good, just really busy working. She has a Facebook if you want to add her if you haven't already. You are on Facebook right? I think you are one of my friends on there, but I could be mistaken! LOL
    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. guess I was wrong about you haveing a Facebook, I couldn't find you on my friends list! LOL
    I feel a little silly now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,

    No, I got off of facebook. I really didn't like it and it took up way too much of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right Terri, each of us has a creative streak, it may be in homemaking, gardening or in the way we do our job of work. Wwe just need to encourage ourselves.
    Even writing a blog can be a creation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live