Monday Blahs







Mondays are always very rough days for me. I find that after the busyness of Sunday that I am not only physically tired but I'm also emotionally worn out. Those are the times that Satan seems to kick me! He is crafty and knows exactly when to pounce.

Yesterday was one of those days. Being a pastor's wife can be tough at times. People tend to be pretty insensitive in their criticism or they look to me as the one to approach about everything that is not right in the church from missing tables to decorations that are askew. Usually I take it in stride but on Mondays things bother me more than normal and I feel down and discouraged. I have to keep telling myself, "It's Monday." "This is not reality." "Just get through today and tomorrow will be better." I really need to cling to the Lord's promises on Monday.

Sure enough, I opened my eyes at 4:00 this morning and felt totally refreshed! I feel happy and rested and totally content.

Remind me of this next Monday!

Comments

  1. Hello Terri, thank you for visiting me. My dog, Lady, is a 5 year old Greyhound. She is an ex-racing dog and came to us via a retired greyhound re-homing charity. We have had her for about 1 1/2 years now but have had to put a lot of hard work in to helping her settle into a home environment, as opposed to kennels! What fun! Our garden doesn't look quite like that now, after a winter of Lady scooting round it, more like a field that has been home to a herd of cattle all winter long!
    I hope your Mondays improve. Maybe you could use them, or at least the morning, as being a you and God time together, to refresh and strengthen you again after Sundays.
    Much love, Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that little cartoon guy in your post!! I need that printed out!!
    A side note to readers...I go to Terri's church and she is doing FAR beyond a great job there!! (And I think she should take a nice week's vacation soon so she doesn't burn out! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. And for what it's worth, Heather does NOT stress me out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad you are feeling better today. that was nice of heather to make her comment.
    just from knowing you in the blogworld, i can see that you truly care about people and want everyone to be happy. don't let it get you down too much when people say things. People look at the outside, God looks on the inside. He sees your heart and knows you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A week's vacation sounds well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Terri ~

    Hugs to you! I am glad that you are feeling better about things today!!

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri,

    Hang in there, I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers this week! Mondays are hard for me too, and I'm not even a pastor's wife, not yet anyways! :)

    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ladies for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all have those days , I am glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have such a high respect for a pastor's wife. Not only because we have an awesome one. But they are looked upon to do so much, and yet they are also the first ones to hear the gripes and complaints, but not the compliments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live