Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bloggy Break

Hi everyone! As I was spending time with the Lord this morning, I really felt that I need to take a fast from the computer. It's ironic that the Lord would point this out this morning, given that my last post was on living a disciplined life! I tend to go in spurts and while I am highly organized and fairly disciplined, the area of my computer usage is one that needs to be worked on.

As the church secretary, I obviously will need to check my email every day but I'm going to take a break from blogging for a bit. I'm not sure if this is a permanent thing or not, but I do need to focus on my family.

While I love to blog about my day, I often feel like I'm living outside my family looking in for a blogging photo-op. I'm not sure if that makes sense but often I feel detached. We could be in the middle of eating or reading or schooling or anything and I'm looking for a good picture or thinking how to blog about this. I'm not sure that's the healthiest way to interact with family!

Anyway, I didn't just want to drop off the face of the planet without saying what I'm doing. I want to be obedient to the Lord and I've felt a strong directive this morning to take a break from this.

I've enjoyed getting to know you all. Hopefully, I will be able to restart at some point but in the meantime, I'm putting my focus back where it needs to be.