Crafty Things

I've been working on curtains for Emily's room for what seems like forever. I finally got them done a few weeks ago just to find out I did not make them wide enough and they were also too long. They are just valances but they hung too far down on the window. I felt like crying! That's what I get for not using a pattern.

Normally, I probably would of given up. However, after throwing them in a pile for about a week and a half, I finally got remotivated.

I cut about 6 inches off the bottom. Then I added a border across the front of them and made a two inch binding on each side to add some width. I probably could of added an inch or two more on each side.

I think they turned out cute.

Photobucket

Here is a picture of the side so you can see the binding.
Photobucket

Now I just need to finish that stenciling. I'm stenciling all four corners of her room and only have two done so far.
Photobucket

That's it for this week. I've fallen down in the crafty department! :-)

Comments

  1. Mandi from Blessed At HomeApril 9, 2009 at 9:10 AM

    I think you did a terrific job! Way to improvise.Very very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such pretty fabric Terri, and the valance looks great. There's always a way round....but I too dont like redoing things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fallen down?? I think not Terri! I think you did a great job! SO pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri! I love the curtains and the stenciling! So pretty and feminine. The second time certainly worked out good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri ~ they are very cute! I think it is inspiring how you didn't give up but found a way to make them work ~ beautifully too!

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Terri! I am sure that Emily loves them! You did a good job at using what you had - always so tempting just to go out and start over, you did great!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you got "remotivated". The cutains turned out wonderful. I still have curtains to make for my den that I have been putting off. I hope your family has a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look fabulous!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your curtains look great. Have a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The curtains for Emily's Room look very pretty, Terri and you did a great job of improvising when things weren't as you wanted. That's the secret to not give up. Ben Franklin never did and look what he accomplished! At least, you weren't struck by lightening! LOL!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live