Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fish Tales

I had my first experience filleting a fish today. Let me just say......

EEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! Slimy!!!

Someone gave us a fresh caught trout that was about 2 1/2 feet long. It's hard to tell from this picture but the thing was gigantic.
Photobucket

I cut down both sides of the backbone to fillet it. To be honest, I could of done a better job but I had no idea what I was doing! :-)
Photobucket

Then I used a pair of pliers to get the pin bones out. That part was actually kind of fun.
Photobucket

We had it for dinner. I fried it in butter with fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper and cilantro.
Photobucket

I never would of been able to afford that much fish and it was gutted for us so this was definitely a wonderful gift! There was none left so I would say it was a hit.