Protective Parents









I went outside to hang up the laundry yesterday and realized after about 5 minutes that I was hearing an awful lot of racket from the birds. I looked up and these two guys were flying around and around the sky above me, chirping up a storm. They actually dive bombed me a number of times!

Our bluebird house has been empty for so long that I forget it's there. Obviously these two have taken up residence and are being very protective of whatever eggs or hatchlings are inside.

I think I'm going to have to wear a helmet to hang up the clothes! :-)

Comments

  1. I love the sounds of birds. For the last 3 weeks there have two robins flying around, landing and enjoying our garden. I have been trying to get a photo, but each time I'm ready to 'click' off they fly. I think they now see this as a game!! I feel like the paparazzi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have barn swallows that nest in our wood shed and shop. They are very protective also. Sometimes I'm afraid they will fly right into me when I'm out there! I love the sound of the little cheeps coming from the nest though. The kids love sitting back and watching the parents bring food to feed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have two old bird houses that a flock of Tree Swallows come to each year. We just found 2 more houses at a garage sale and hung them up too! It is very enjoyable to watch them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live