Estatic Girl

Emily's birthday is on Saturday and a friend, with permission from me, gave her an early birthday gift.

It's a little dwarf hamster.
Photobucket

Oh my, she is so cute! I'm not usually a rodent type of girl, but Lilly is the cutest little thing. Emily is allergic to pet dander, but she has been really diligent about washing her hands after handling it and of course, it's so tiny that it doesn't seem to bother her.

Emily has wanted a pet forever so this has put her over the top with happiness. She keeps coming up and hugging me and thanking me. However, given how hard she cried when her snail in the fish tank died, I'm not looking forward to the drama when this one dies!

In the meantime though, Emily is on cloud nine!
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Emily - just think of all the things you can make for Lilly's new house :)Sorry - I never stop thinking of crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh... she's cute!
    Now Emily needs some chicks, a goat, a kitten, maybe a puppy.... oops, sorry Terri! I got a little carried away there!
    does she have one of those little balls that you put them in and they can run around the house? Those are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute! My son Jacob has a gerbil named Oreo and at first I would not go near him, because he reminded me of a mouse! I have grown to like him though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so happy for Emily, I know how much she love animals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa,

    Yes, she does have a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! My Kathryne would love a hamster. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that Emily has gotten a pet. You are such a good Mom, Terri!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live