The Gunks

When I was in college, friends invited me to go cliff climbing at the Gunks, which is the local name for the Shawangunk Mountain ridge which rises more than 2,000 feet above sea level.

Today, we got the chance to go back as a family and go hiking up one of the mountain ridges. I'm tired! It was a gentle climb but we hiked for 3 hours.

Here they are on drive up.
Photobucket

The hike wasn't too bad for most of the trip.
Photobucket

Unfortunately, Emily must of been tired today. She usually loves to hike and is far ahead of us. However, she kept lagging behind and dragging her feet. Just picture the sound of whining and you'll get the idea! :-)
Photobucket

However, Dan is a pushover and carried her A LOT!
Photobucket

The boys were estatic because they spotted this in the grass.
Photobucket

Stephen got a hold of it.
Photobucket

The view from the top!
Photobucket

Emily was all smiles for the camera and she was much more chipper on the way down.
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Hi Terri ~

    What wonderful family times you have been enjoying! It looks like a beautiful hike!

    Have a blessed week!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easier going down than climbing up! What a wonderful place it is, and how good that you had such a nice family day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of Emily dragging her feet reminds me of when I was about her age, my Dad took us kids hiking. I got so tired! My Dad had me walk right behind him and put my hands in his back pockets and he pulled me up the hills. Oh ,Daddies will do anything for their baby girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Terri,
    That looks like so much fun - I love family outings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great time you must have had. The view is gorgeous. But I could have done without the snake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live