Guess Where I Spent My Vacation?

We just got back from visiting our inlaws and guess where I spent my vacation? In the hospital!

We arrived Thursday night and I woke up in the middle of the night in pain. By Friday afternoon, it hurt too much to bear and I thought I had a urinary tract infection and went to the emergency room. I figured I better go so I could enjoy the rest of my time.

However, it turned out to be diverticulitis and I was there for the entire vacation. When doing the CAT Scan they also found a fairly good sized cyst on my ovary so I do need to take care of that.

It was a wake up call that I need to take better care of myself. I'm in and out of the doctor's office so much with the needs of my three children and don't really think about me.

I'm feeling better now but definitely will be making some phone calls tomorrow to my doctors!

Comments

  1. Thoughts and prayers being sent your way. Have heard of it before and that it's pretty painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your feeling better, thought about you while you were gone and I was wondering what was going on. Take care, and I'm glad your back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Terri. It's so true, we do forget about ourselves. My Mum has diverticulitis, but it is manageable with careful diet choices (no nuts, seeds, etc) and occasional anti-spasmodic pills.

    I hope you are able to get plenty rest. Praying for you dear friend.

    love, Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering where you were. A couple of days ago, you popped into my head and God told me to pray for you. That must be why He had you come to mind!
    Take it easy, relax and get yourself better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Terri ~ I am so sorry! I hope you are feeling better ~ you've been in my thoughts and prayers.

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness gal! You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry Terri.
    My mom has diverticulitis managed by diet and fibrogel.
    Could it be linked to stress?
    Take good care of you.
    Love,
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live