Thursday, July 2, 2009

Some Normalcy

In an effort to try and get things somewhat normal around here, I thought I'd share some pictures of my garden. Thank you so much for all your sweet notes and prayers. Our family has been through a tremendous crisis but we are working our way through it with the Lord's help. Dan has taken the month of July off so that we can focus on getting our son the help he needs.

Anyway, we've had so much rain that my garden is full of weeds. I keep waiting for it to dry up some, but it rains almost every day.

My flowers are gorgeous and are attracting all kinds of butterflies and hummingbirds.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These are my favorites!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The veggies are doing well except for the cucumbers. They just don't seem to be growing at all.

Cabbage
Photobucket

Beans
Photobucket

I'm looking forward to a good crop of tomatoes. I have three different kinds and a total of 25 plants.
Photobucket

Lettuce
Photobucket

The one thing no one is crazy about always does the best - squash.
Photobucket

Melons.
Photobucket

We are hoping that the weather starts to get better. It's been such a wet, damp month of June and July is starting out the same way.

I'm hoping to get back into blogging on a more regular basis. Thank you again for all your support!