Treasures in my Yard

I'm finding all sorts of treasures in my yard lately. About a week and a half ago, I noticed all these berries that looked exactly like blackberries but they were hanging from a tree. I tasted one and while it was sweet, it didn't really have much of a taste.

Since I couldn't figure out what they were and I didn't want to inadvertently poison anyone, I left them alone. Well, come to find out they are mulberries! Unfortunately, by the time I figured it out most of the berries are either dried up or the birds got them.

Emily climbed the tree to help me out and we ended up with about a 1/2 a cup of berries. I could kick myself because the tree was loaded with them!
Photobucket

Then I wandered over to another part of the yard and came across a patch of black raspberries, or black caps as they are called around here.
Photobucket

All in all, we ended up with about 2 cups of mulberries and blackcaps. I have about 2 cups of fresh raspberries in the fridge so that will be enough to make a pie.
Photobucket

Next year I'll know what to look for!

Comments

  1. mmm...fresh berry pie!
    Thank you for your birthday wishes Terri!!

    Have a wonderful day & take care!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those what we call Blackberries?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, no. Blackberries are a different fruit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live