Bloomin' Tuesday










It's Bloomin' Tuesday over at Jean's Blog. My flowers really did not last as long as they normally do this year. We have had so much rain and I think that really affected them.

I planted sunflowers this year and only 3 of them came up. This one is looking a bit wilted, but it's the only one in bloom right now.
Photobucket

I love these and I think the bees do to!
Photobucket

My black-eyed Susan patch is doing well.
Photobucket

Unfortunately, my bee balm and echinacea have all died at this point. Many of the other flowers that normally are up by now aren't in bloom at all.

Hopefully, things will do better next year.

Comments

  1. Dont forget to save the sunflower seeds. You can use them as bird food and keep some to grow on next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with the rain, the flowers that you showed us today look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black Eyed Susans are a fav everywhere. They're done here and Melampodium has taken their place. Yellow Daisies are always a happy choice.

    I cut back echinacea stems back to the basal leaves when they start to look ratty. Sometimes they have time for another round of bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about too much rain! It's so sad when you wait all year to see the garden come to life and then it doesn't. Your photos are lovely. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing your beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers look so pretty! We only had one sunflower this year! Normally we have tons of them, so sad! Thank you for sharing with us!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.