Cucumber Relish

Mandi asked me to post my recipe for relish, so here goes.

Grind through a food processor:

12-14 cucumbers
1 bunch celery
2 onions
2 green peppers
2 sweet peppers

Let stand overnight. I cover it and put it in the refrigerator, but you probably don't have to do this.
Photobucket

Drain and add:

2 Tablespoons salt

Mix well. Bring to boil in a large kettle:

3 cups sugar
3 cups vinegar (I use white)
1 tsp. celery seed
1/2 tsp. tumeric
1 tsp. mustard seed

Add vegetables and cook 30 minutes. Fill into jars and seal. I did not water bath can these. They sealed on their own. Just listen for the popping sound! ;-)

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Terri, do you think this would work with zucchini?

    my cucumber plants didn't do very well this year but the zucchini are going berzerk!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That looks delicious! I have never thought to put celery in my relish, I will have to try your recipe.
    I love having relish on hand, not only for hot dogs, but for making dressings and tarter sauce too!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Terri! :) I am going to making some of this in a few days for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I really don't know. I would imagine that it might have a lot more juice than the cucumbers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live