Seamstresses in the Making

Photobucket

Every Thursday a couple of moms and our daughters have been meeting next door while a woman from our church teaches us to sew. I already know how to sew, but I've learned all sorts of neat little finishing touches from her. She is a wonderful seamstress and taught 4H in our town for 30 years.

The girls just finished making drawstring aprons. Here they are modeling with their teacher.
Photobucket

They did a great job and were so proud. They were so cute yesterday, bouncing around outside with them on. :-)

Comments

  1. Great job girls! Aprons make lovely gifts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every girl should know how to sew....well done the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - they did a wonderful job. What a blessing to have her come in and teach these young girls such a great skill!

    BLessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea. The girls did a great job on their aprons.

    Have a blessed weekend!
    ~Charree

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun ~ And the girls look thrilled with their accomplishments!

    Good work girls!!

    Blessings on your day, Terri!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking of teaching my neighbor's grand daughter how to sew, and a draw-string apron is a great idea for a first project!
    She is 9, but mature for her age. I sometimes watch her, and she has free run of all my fabric scraps. She's always 'creating,' and I think she is ready to make something 'real.' I've been iffy because of the sewing machine's speed and sharp needle, but I think I will let her practice on some pieces of paper with lines drawn to get the 'feel' of the machine. It could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great- I teach a sewing class of girls like this, and we made aprons last autumn - this summer we made pjs! So lovely to apss on the skills to the next generations

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.