Granola Bars

Photobucket

I found this recipe for granola bars and made them yesterday and let me just say, "YUMMO"! Every recipe I've ever tried is either too dry and falls apart or the children won't eat them.

These were so delicious that I thought I'd share them with you.

Chewy Granola Bars


Mix together:
1 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. peanut butter (We have a severe peanut allergy here so I used soynut butter)
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. melted butter
2 t. vanilla

Then add:
3 c. oats
1/2 c. coconut
1/2 c. sunflower seeds
1/2 c. raisins
1/3 c. wheat germ
2 t. sesame seeds
1 c. chocolate chips

I omitted the raisins, wheat germ and sesame seeds. I would imagine you could add any combination of seeds and nuts and dried fruit you wish. Stir in well. Then press into a greased sheet pan. Bake 20 minutes at 350.

Cut while still warm, then let cool before serving.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Sounds yummy, Terri! I make flapjacks in the winter but dont include anything nutty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so good! I never thought to make our own, but that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious, and my favorite part, EASY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I love homemade granola bars ~ yours look delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoses look delicious! I tried making some in the past and they crumbled out of the pan, so we used it as cereal instead.
    I will give your recipe a try though - thank you for sharing!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  6. These do look yummy! I will be sure to try these tomorrow! Sounds so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to try those! The guys love that kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.