Hot Pepper Jelly












I made this a few weeks ago and it is delicious, especially with cream cheese and crackers.

Hot Pepper Jelly
2/3 cup jalapeno peppers
1 bell pepper
1 1/2 cups white vinegar
6 cups sugar
2 packets of Sure Jell
1 teaspoon green food coloring

1. Chop peppers and put in blender with vinegar.
2. Blend well and pour into large boiler.
3. Add sugar and mix well.
4. Bring mixture to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
5. Remove from heat, strain through sieve and return liquid back to a boil.
6. Boil for 5 minutes.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Add Sure Jell and food coloring quickly.
9. Put into prepared 6 (1/2 pint) jars and seal.
10. Boil in a hot water bath for 5 minutes.

Comments

  1. Good work! I have never made pepper jelly but I have tasted samples and I loved it! It sounded kind of odd to me at first ~ but it was sooo delicious!

    Have a blessed day!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Terri this is my favorite kind of jelly! I have been planning on making some for the longest time! Thank you for your recipe, I lost mine so I am going to try yours instead. I love making pepper jelly to give as gifts. I have never added the food coloring but after seeing how pretty yours turned out, I think I may.
    Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that is a bright green jelly! So pretty in the sunlight!
    Sadly our peppers did not do well this year, but my Mom wants me to come up to her place to get some of theirs, as they went crazy!
    I might have to give this a try!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live