Rhubarb Cake

Photobucket

I have a large patch of rhubarb outside my door and I'm trying to use it up without constantly making pies. I found this recipe recently and it is very good. It's a moist, snack cake and it is very simple to make.

Rhubarb Cake

Cream together:
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter

Then add and mix well:

1 t. vanilla
1 egg
1 c. buttermilk

Add:

2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda

Stir in:

2 c. rhubarb sliced thinly

Spread in a 9x14 greased pan and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

Comments

  1. ooohhh.... i love rhubarb. All of my kids do too. my hubby is the only strange one around here who won't eat it!! ha ha

    i posted a recipe for rhubarb cobbler way back in Sept of last year (i think). if you would like to try it, you could go to my Time In the Kitchen section on my sidebar and click on desserts to get it.

    hope you and your kids are adjusting well to public school. i pray the transition has gone well for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...sounds simple and delicious, I will be giving this one a try. Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come I always get hungry when checking out your blog?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live