Pumpkin Soup










We had this with our dinner tonight and it was so delicious! Everyone went back for seconds so I thought I'd share the recipe.

Pumpkin Soup

6 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 cups pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
5 whole black peppercorns

1. Heat stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.

2. Puree the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) using a food processor or blender.

3. Return to pan, and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Stir in heavy cream. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Hi Terri,
    Great mines must think a like. I have in my recipe file a pumpkin soup recipe for next month.
    Looks yummy,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I've seen recipes for pumpkin soup before and wondered if it would really be good. I'm not a very adventurous cook, but I might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never made pumpkin soup but I bet it is so comforting on a chilly Fall day. I'm wondering if my family would like this recipe.... I have about 30 pumpkins out in the garden... this may be a good way to use some of the pumpkin puree.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.