Sing His Praises!

Today is a good day to sing the Lord's praises! I may make this a regular thing here on Fridays.

Psalm 47

1 Clap your hands, all you nations;
shout to God with cries of joy.

2 How awesome is the LORD Most High,
the great King over all the earth!

3 He subdued nations under us,
peoples under our feet.

4 He chose our inheritance for us,
the pride of Jacob, whom he loved.
Selah

5 God has ascended amid shouts of joy,
the LORD amid the sounding of trumpets.

6 Sing praises to God, sing praises;
sing praises to our King, sing praises.

7 For God is the King of all the earth;
sing to him a psalm [a] of praise.

8 God reigns over the nations;
God is seated on his holy throne.

9 The nobles of the nations assemble
as the people of the God of Abraham,
for the kings [b] of the earth belong to God;
he is greatly exalted.


Let's reflect back over the week and think of 3-5 things that the Lord has done this week. I love doing this because it's easy to take things for granted and forget to thank Him.

Here are mine:

♫ Our church is having a baptism service on November 8th and Dan told me last night that 10 people are being baptized, which includes two entire families! Three of these people are girls from my 3D girls club last year. Whoo Hoo!!! It's been wonderful to see God working in our church lately.

♫ I spoke with the local agency head who provides a job coach for Nathan. She has met Nathan and was telling me how well he is doing. She also assured me that they can help him beyond high school by helping with services he will need.

♫ Things are tight for us financially right now until Dan gets paid next Wed. night and yet we have enough food in the house and the Lord is providing for our needs.

♫ My three healthy, happy children who love school and education. I see so many kids who hate school which makes me thankful that my children love to learn.

♫ I found out the children get reduced lunch which means instead of paying $2.50 per day for hot lunch, they only have to pay $.25!!!! They love buying hot lunch so this is a huge blessing because it's cheaper for them to buy it, then for me to pack it.

♫ Positive peer pressure! It used to be a battle for me to get Nathan to clean himself properly. Now that we know what we are dealing with as far as the autistic spectrum disorders, we realize that sensory issues go with the territory. However, since he has started school he gets up every single day and gets a shower, washes his face, puts deodorant on and brushes his teeth! I hugged him the other day and noticed that he doesn't smell anymore. That is huge!!!

Okay, it's your turn to sing the Lord's praises!

Comments

  1. Wonderful, Terri. so good to read your praises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great that school is turning out to be such a blessing for Nathan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Terri,

    I think that would be a wonderful idea to share the Lord's praises each week!
    God truly blesses us and sometimes we need to take time to look back and see just how much He has blessed each of us!
    I am so happy that things are going well for Nathan!
    It is amazing how God provides for our needs, not wants, but always needs!
    May God continue to bless you and your family!

    Love & Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for new believers being baptized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He reminds me often that sometimes we get caught up with all our burdens and needs. That sometimes we just need to stop and thank Him for what He has done for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live