Gum Drop Cookies

Photobucket

I made these today and they were delicious. I'm pretty sure they will go over well with the children. They like cookies and they like candy. Put the two together and you can't go wrong.

I thought I'd share the recipe.

Gum Drop Cookies
1 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 and 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. soda
1 1/2 cups gum drops (use scissors to cut into small pieces)
2 cups quick-cooking oats

Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs one at a time and then add in vanilla. Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and soda. Add to the butter mixture until well blended. Fold in gum drops and quick oats.

Roll into 1" balls and bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for two minutes before transferring to a wire rack.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. They do look like a cookie kids would enjoy! I think they look yummy too!

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.