Thank God for Friday

Psalm 145

1 I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever.

2 Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever.

3 Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.

4 One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts.

5 They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works.

6 They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds.

7 They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

8 The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.

9 The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.

10 All you have made will praise you, O LORD; your saints will extol you.

11 They will tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your might,

12 so that all men may know of your mighty acts and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.

13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made.

14 The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.

15 The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time.

16 You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.

17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made.

18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.

20 The LORD watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.

21 My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD. Let every creature praise his holy name
for ever and ever.


I love this habit of looking at our blessings each Friday. It's so easy to look at all the negatives in our lives and forget about what God is doing.

Here are my blessings:

♫ Praise God for modern medicine. Other than a cough at night, Emily is back to normal.

♫ I'm thankful that she got sick before we left because it would of been horrible trying to travel with a sick child. I would of felt bad having a bunch of sick children to my inlaws and making everyone sick.

♫ God always, always gives me encouragement right when I need it. I praise God for a friend who sent me a Facebook message telling me she was praying for me just when I was feeling down.

♫ Because we stayed home, we get to do our traditional set-up the Christmas tree day today. Otherwise, it would of been crammed into Sunday afternoon before my ladies Bible study. Now, we can have a relaxing day!

♫ I thank God for the turkey I had in my freezer and most of the food for yesterday's meal. I didn't have to buy everything as I already had it on hand. In fact, the only thing I picked up was sparkling cider, squash and apples for the pie.

What are you thankful for?

Comments

  1. A wonderful post Terri! Isn't it great when we can praise God in the midst of unhappy circumstances? Even though Emily was ill, you still praised God for His goodness.

    I am thankful that my Dad's illness has drawn him nearer to God. Also, that my faith in God has increased, and I have been able to do things I wouldn't have thought possible before. I used to be afraid of driving in the city, but now I am doing it a number of times each week in the strength of the Lord, so that I am able to visit my Dad in the hospital.

    I am thankful that God is teaching me to live one day at a time.

    love, Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy reading your "What I'm Thankful for..." posts. It's a great reminder to be thankful in all situations!

    Glad to hear that Emily is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live