Thank God for Friday!

I love this passage in Isaiah, that talks about the names of Jesus.

Isaiah 9:6-7 ~

6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, [a] Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David's throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the LORD Almighty
will accomplish this.

As I was reading this passage and all the different names of Jesus, I thought it would be nice to do something different today and list some of the names of Jesus, based on what His characteristics and what He means to me.

He is.....

♥ Savior
♥ Merciful
♥ Light
♥ Loving Father
♥ My deliverer
♥ Friend
♥ Compassionate
♥ Righteous
♥ Revealer of the Truth

How about you? What does Jesus mean to you? Please feel free to share!
What is He to you?

Comments

  1. So many ways to look at Jesus, the Almighty, the Prince of peace.
    I think of him as a Father more than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is Comforter, Teacher, Shepherd, Friend, King of kings.

    Great post, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. -Comforter
    -Truth
    -Counselor
    -Friend
    -Healer of Hurts
    -Savior
    -Everlasting Love
    -King of my Heart
    -Keeper of my Tears

    Thanks, Terri, for always bringing me to a time of praise and prayer. Just thinking of Him this morning has lightened my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is my Father, Friend, Comforter, Savior, Redeemer & King!

    I give thanks to Him daily that He has choosen me to be one of His children and to receive His gift of everlasting life with Him!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live