Thank God for Friday

Isaiah 61:10-11~
10 I delight greatly in the LORD;
my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

11 For as the soil makes the sprout come up
and a garden causes seeds to grow,
so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness and praise
spring up before all nations.


I wanted to get back into my habit of looking back over my week and offering up some praises and thanksgiving for what the Lord has done during the week. I find that it helps to lift my spirits and to keep me positive by seeing God's hand in even the small things.

So this week I'm praising God for:

♥ The wonderful time of rest and relaxation and fun that we had last weekend. Dan & I never get away and it was just nice to be somewhere together with friends without being the ones in charge!

♥ The fact that I've been able to substitute four days in a row (today is the 4th) in the same class. It's difficult to go into a new class and only have 15-20 minutes to try and figure out where everything is and what to do before students start arriving. Because the teacher was out all week, she didn't have a lesson plan for yesterday or today. However, because I was in there I know the routine and what they are covering so I'm not stressed.

♥ Because I've subbed I haven't had time to grocery shop, yet I've been able to make things stretch and we haven't gone hungry! :-)

♥ For my very hard working husband. He never complains and is always in an upbeat and positive frame of mind.

Those are the things I'm thankful for. Anyone else want to share?

Comments

  1. That's great Terri. It's always a blessing to be positive.

    I am thankful for:

    * a wonderful husband and family

    * new things God is showing me during this time of solitude

    * good health

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list of blessings!
    I am thankful to God for a wonderful Christmas season spent with loved ones and being able to keep focused on the true meaning of the season!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the title of your post... you are so right.... that God for Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder to focus on the positive! I am thankful for my hardworking husband, and my delightful children, and for friends and family and new beginnings. Also, God's care and provision through the hard times. -Robin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.