Broccoli-Cheese Soup

Photobucket

I tried out a new recipe the other day and it was a hit. I made a pot of broccoli- cheese soup. It was one of those recipes that was so good that I thought I would share it.

Broccoli-Cheese Soup
1 bunch fresh broccoli
3 cups chicken stock
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 Tbsp. butter
5 Tbsp. flour
half and half cream
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
salt, white pepper to taste

Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil in a large pot until the vegetables are translucent. Add the broccoli and stock and simmer until the broccoli is soft. Place in a food processor or blender and belnd quickly, leaving small pieces of broccoli.

Melt the butter and add in the flour to make a roux. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broccoli and stock to roux. To avoid lumps, stir constantly until thickened. Thin to preferred consistency with cream. Add seasonings and grated cheese and simmer for a few minutes, until cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Lovely! I make it sometimes with Stilton cheese, but that is an English one that you might not have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! I love Broccoli cheese soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...are the boys happy or are they humoring you? Maybe their mouths are just full of yummy soup!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live