Thankful Thursday

I found lots to be thankful for this week which is always nice!

I very rarely have really down and depressed days. I may feel discouraged here or there, but for the most part I'm pretty upbeat. Yesterday though was a day that was just horrendous. I woke up in a crabby mood and I was afraid to open my mouth because I might take someone's head off.

I had to go grocery shopping which takes about 3-4 hours because I only go every two weeks and the stores are about 35 miles away. So almost 2 hours of that is driving over back winding country roads.

As I was driving, I began to feel sorry for myself and of course ended up crying most of the way there. However, I am thankful because the Lord sent just the right thing to pull me out of my mood.

The last store that I went to had roses that were leftover from Valentine's Day. They were in bunches of 6 roses and get this, were $.99 each bunch!! So I got 18 roses for $2.97. I love roses but rarely have them because they are so expensive.

So I filled a couple of vases and I'm enjoying their sweet scent. So thank you Lord for a wonderful pick-me-up gift!

Photobucket

I'm so thankful for my sweet children who are thrilled at the small things.

I'm thankful that I was able to bless some young women at a ladies luncheon on Saturday.

Photobucket

I thank God for the creativity to decorate for the luncheon and other than $20 for chocolates for each lady, I didn't spend a dime.

Photobucket

Praise God for these beautiful faces. We are having more and more children coming lately and I've been able to incorporate the older kids into the morning worship service and they are loving it. They actually all showed up with their Bibles on Sunday morning which was a first!

Photobucket

That is my list of thankful things this week. Do you have anything for which to praise God?

Comments

  1. Wonderful things to be thankful for Terri - thank you for sharing!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Terri, I'm sad that you cried on your journey, but it happens sometime and is, in a way, a release of tension.
    But what lovely things you have to be thankful for, especailly the blessing you are to those young ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.