Foto Friday

Photobucket

It's Foto Friday at Rebecca's blog. The theme this week was CIRCLES.

I decided to focus on my kitchen and a food theme since that's where I spend most of my time every week. ;-) I have two children with food allergies and my daughter has life-threatening (anaphylactic) allergies to many foods so I started making everything from scratch years ago. After a while I realized how much cheaper it is, so it's a way of life now.

Every now and then I'll feel lazy and decide I'm going to purchase something I normally make. I'll stand in the bread aisle at the supermarket agonizing over spending $3.00 for 8 tortillas when I know I can make 16 for about $.50! I always end up putting them back and coming home and making my own.

Okay, off my bunny trail and onto circles.

Bagels waiting to rise

Photobucket

These look yummy but I can't wait for sweet, juicy tomatoes from my garden!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Homemade pizza

Photobucket

Finally, chocolate chip cookies

Photobucket

Now that I have you nice and hungry, you can check out Rebecca's blog for more circles!

Comments

  1. Wonderful circles.. when is lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bagels rising. It's worthy of a spot on your kitchen wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! the tomatoes look so juicy and yummy... and i don't even like tomatoes!
    i also like the shot looking down into the flour jar with a scoop in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I am going to have mostly Kitchen photos too!
    Homemade bagels- those are hard to beat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Tracy, I REALLY like the bagels..That is awesome that you make tortillas and bagels and such..I've never made either of them before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Food pictures are some of my favorite pictures! I so need to learn how to make gluten free bagels. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your circles. You are right, you made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the circles, Terri! And everything looks delicious!

    Have a great weekend,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite is the picture of the bagels raising. Food pictures are always fun to see....such colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bagels, huh?

    Do you know how many times I have tried to make bagels and I have NEVER been successful. Not once.

    Which makes me angry because Bagels are a great treat and super expensive to buy! Any tips? A recipe maybe?!

    Also--when you make your tortillas-do you have a tortilla maker or do you make them by hand? Just wondering because a recipe I have suggests you NEED a tortilla press and my kitchen is so full of gadgets as it is---BUT if it is worth it, I will gladly buy. We eat tortillas incessantly around here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live