Saturday, March 13, 2010

Illusion

I used to love those illusion books where you would look at these abstract shapes and gradually your eyes would see a picture of a particular thing. Do you know what I mean? If you looked at it another way, something else would emerge.

I was taking pictures of the boys yesterday and moved them next to our maple tree in the backyard. I had them lean up against either side of a knothole and started snapping shots.

When I came in to edit them, I realized that the large knots and lines in the tree looked exactly like an owl.

Photobucket

Can you see it? See it's two large eyes and beak? There is a wing running down the left side and a little tail feather at the bottom. The little hump at the bottom right, almost to the center looks like it's talons clinging to a branch.

I thought it was neat. Of course, now that I'm trying to edit the picture of the boys all I can see is the owl! :-)