Sunrise Service

We had a sunrise service followed by a breakfast this morning. The day was beautiful. It was chilly, but as the service progressed the sun peeked it's head over the mountain and was just beautiful.

Photobucket

We sang songs and scripture was read.

Photobucket

One of our elders shared a devotional.

Photobucket

Then we celebrated communion together.

Photobucket

It was a wonderful way to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cold girls!

Photobucket

Our church is very casual and is basically, a come as you are affair. However, I do love the fact that some dress up for Easter. I think my boys are starting to look like men here.

Photobucket

Emily in her new Easter dress.

Photobucket

It has been a wonderful day so far and we are getting ready for dinner guests soon.

Comments

  1. Terri how lovely to have a sunrise service, what a good start to this day.
    And how smart your family looked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely day for you. Yes your sons look like men and your daughter is beautiful. Happy Easter and God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your communion table looked. So white and clean in the wooded setting. I love the cross in the background.
    We had a good service today also.
    Easter Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Resurrection Day to you and your family Terri!

    Your children look so wonderful dressed in their Sunday best!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen it looks like you had a wonderful Resurrection day Terri, God bless you and your dear family as you serve our lord, your sons are very handsome and looks so nice in their suits, and your little girl in her pretty easter dress is so precious. I am happy you have a good day, we did too, it was a wonderful message, we had dinner on the grounds too, and then an egg hunt for the little ones. It was a good day. I was so glad I am part of the family of God, that I can rejoice in such holidays.
    Hugs Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful way to start Easter Day! Love the rustic cross with the communion table set up outside.

    We didn't make it to our sunrise service. Saturday night, Ken and I took all the kids to the rodeo and didn't get home until 10 pm. They were all still sleeping and considering the busy-ness of the rest of the day, I decided to let them sleep. But our church service was wonderful!
    I love seeing the young men dress up like that. Handsome fellas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.