Another Keeper

Photobucket

I tried a new recipe tonight and as I looked at the ingredients I wasn't sure how it would be but WOW! Everyone loved it and went back for seconds and thirds. I served it with garlic bread and fresh fruit salad.

Chicken, Leek and Fennel Soup

Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 large chicken breast, cooked and diced
* 3 large leeks, cleaned and thinly sliced
* 4 large stalks celery, thinly sliced
* 1 large white onions, sliced
* 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
* 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
* 2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
* 8 cups water

Directions

1. In a large saucepan or soup kettle over medium-low heat, place the olive oil, leeks, celery, onions, fennel, potatoes, salt, and pepper, and cook and stir until the onions are translucent and the vegetables have begun to soften, about 10 minutes.

2. Pour 8 cups of water over the vegetables, add chicken and bring to a boil, reduce the heat. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender and the potatoes have begun to thicken the soup, about 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I think I want to come over to your house! :) Both this and the cobbler look sooo good! Thanks for sharing the recipes!

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very good to me!

    Ive got some chicken cooking in the crock pot now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live