Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thankful Hearts

Philippians 4:6 ~

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."


As much as I don't like to think so, I'm pretty much a glass half empty type of person. It's hard for me to always think positively about things. I tend to get very anxious. All three of my children struggle with anxieties and they came by it honestly. ;-)

So as I read this verse and understand that I should not be anxious, and that I should give the Lord all my concerns the thing that jumps out at me is the words, "with thanksgiving."

We are to thank the Lord for those things that cause us to be anxious. I think the main reason is that it causes us to go to the only solution we have - the Lord. I haven't done this in a few weeks, mainly because I've allowed busyness and anxiousness to get in the way of thinking of all the ways God has blessed me.

So here is my list of thankful things....

♫ I'm thankful that Emily did not hurt herself worse. She was starting to slow down when the swing broke. Otherwise, she could of done a lot more damage.

Photobucket

♫ We are starting to get some answers for Nathan. There is something very serious going on in his body that can be dangerous and would answer many questions about his neurological issues (such as the tics) and health issues, but thank the Lord for doctors who are taking the time to figure it out.

♫ For a garden that is doing well and we are starting to reap the benefits of the cooler weather veggies.

Photobucket
I should also thank the Lord for the ability to get out there today and weed too! ;-)

♫ For the love and ongoing mercy and grace of family.

♫ For children who are willing to help in many ways.

♫ For a husband who works hard to provide for his family.

Photobucket

♫ For brothers who are best friends.

Photobucket

♫ For a very positive experience with the public school this year. I have to say that this was a huge, gut-wrenching anxiety for me. But thank the Lord for teachers who have poured their lives into my children!

I found as I typed this list, I did start to feel more positive about things. Perhaps that is why the Lord tells us to count our blessings!