Crockpot Enchiladas

Here is the recipe for Crockpot Enchiladas that 50shousewife asked for.

Crockpot Enchiladas

2 1/2 lbs of ground beef
1 onions finely chopped
2 16 oz. can pinto beans
1 small can of minced green chilies
1 jar of salsa (med., mild or hot; whatever you prefer)sweetened with a bit of honey
1 package taco seasoning
1 lb block of extra-sharp cheddar cheese or pepper jack, grated
freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
8 tortillas


1. Brown ground beef and onion

2. Add pinto beans, chili peppers, salsa and taco seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix together well.

3. In crockpot layer ingredients as follows: ground meat/salsa mixture on bottom,
tortilla, and cheese

4. Continue alternating, ending with cheese on top.

5. Cook on high for 2-3 hours

Garnish with

sour cream or plain yogurt
chopped scallions
black olives

Enjoy! I'm sorry I don't have a picture to go with the recipe.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much! This sounds delicious and I will definitely be trying it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thank you for sharing - I am going to give this one a try!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds good.
    I love crock pot cooking when life is hectic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious!!!!! I wonder if this recipe could be modified to make a sour cream with green chilies type of enchiladas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I'm not sure Mandi. I would certainly try it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live