Field Day

Emily had field day at her school yesterday morning and it was lots of fun. Even with a broken arm, she managed to participate in almost every activity and race. In fact, I was cringing at a few of them! She is supposed to get the cast off on Thursday, and I could picture her falling and doing even more damage.

Fortunately, she got through the day accident free!

Photobucket

Tug-o-War was done with one hand.

Photobucket

Waiting for the sponge toss race.

Photobucket

Emily & her teacher. On a side note: I felt bad for her teacher yesterday. She is due with her first child in early September. However, her contractions started this weekend and the doctor put her on medication to control them. She was very uncomfortable yesterday and really wasn't supposed to be there. Pray for Mrs. Setero if you think of it. She is very sweet and is related by marriage to a woman in our church.

Photobucket

Emily's friend, Sarah getting ready for the hoola-hoop race.

Photobucket

The ball hop and sack race were the two relays where she made me nervous with her arm.

Photobucket

This girl can run! She is definitely very athletic.

Photobucket

This one made me laugh. All the girls paired up for the three-legged race, but Emily got stuck with this boy. Everyone else had their arms around each other or linked as they raced down the field. These two refused to touch each other. I hope it stays that way for a VERY LONG time! ;-)

Photobucket

It was a fun day and even though it was cloudy and overcast, the weather held. School is over next Friday and we are definitely ready for summer!

Comments

  1. So much fun! She did well to only be able to use one arm too!

    Terri, I like your new blog design.

    My laptop at home won't let me pull up your blog, but the pc at work will. The laptop is new, so go figure! It also wouldn't pull up my own blog, until I took my playlist off. I don't know why it does that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Emily...even with only one working arm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little go getter she is!

    Karen in tn

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like she had such fun, oh to be that young again, hugs my friend, and enjoyed all your photos of her. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! I am glad that she will be getting her cast off soon!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun and tiring day! Love your new blog look...the new templates are fun, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live