Thankful Hearts

Photobucket

Colossians 3:15-16 ~ Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

When you get in the habit of praising the Lord and giving Him thanks, you find your whole attitude changing. It's hard to stay down and depressed when you are giving Him thanks!

Here is my list of thankful things this week:

♫ A start on my summer plans.

Photobucket

♫ An early morning sanctuary to meet with the Lord.

Photobucket

♫ Nathan got a job working at a lumber yard.

♫ Learning new skills while having fun.

Photobucket

♫ An opportunity to finally meet face to face with a dear friend I've known for about 7-8 years. I know it sounds strange, but Jenni & I met through a homeschool website and it's like we were twins separated at birth. After years of chatting almost every day, we met last weekend. We spent a wonderful five hours visiting together!

Photobucket

♫ Wonderful news that Stephen passed all his Regents exams! I was especially thrilled because after homeschooling for the past 8 years, he never has really had a major exam like that, and yet he transitioned into public school well.

What are you thankful for this week?

Comments

  1. What a lot of lovely things to be thankful for Terri! And well done to both the boys!

    The pic of you and Jenni is a lovely one, how great for you to meet at last!

    love, Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... There are so many things to be thankful for but salvation of course is number one. After that the health and strengh
    of my family. Then I am so thankful that my shop is almost complete and I will soon be open for business..lol.. I feel like I am a record as it is a bit obsessing in my mind..lol..
    God is good and God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blessings...thank you for sharing!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You two even look alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful list (and pictures)! I agree...praising God changes attitudes. :)

    So happy you finally got to meet your friend! What a cute picture of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live