Beauty Uncovered

I love my flower garden. Whoever lived in this house before us knew what they were doing with flowers. They planted a number of perennials that all bloom in various stages so that the garden is always full of colorful blossoms.

I, on the other hand, know NOTHING about flowers. I can't tell a weed from a flower sometimes. So for the past two years I've lived here I have been afraid to pull anything because I wasn't sure if it was a weed or flower.

However, this is what my garden started to look like.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I finally decided that I needed to take drastic measures. So for the past month I've dug and chopped and sweated. I replanted some Sweet Williams from another bed where they weren't getting enough sun. This weekend I finally finished and here is the final result.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Things are blooming nicely.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hopefully I can keep it looking this good!

Comments

  1. It does look much better Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job!! What a great change.
    When things get that weedy, you just have to do something...even if you pull up some good things you still save a lot. How lovely!!
    I Love Nathan is his uniform in the 4th of July parade, and the strawberry picking looked like fun and a tasty reward!!
    Thanks for your faithfulness to the Lord, it shows on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.