Camp Week

Emily is back from her week at camp and it was so good to see her yesterday. She has never been away from home so it was an adjustment for Dan & I. She was tired and ended up with a fever and the beginnings of a nasty cold last night, but she was happy.

Here are some photos that the camp took of her during the week.

Photobucket

The main thing I was thrilled about was her excitement about all the things she learned spiritually during the week. One of our reasons in sending her was to give her a different spiritual experience than she has had in our small, rural church. We wanted her to see the Christian community on a larger scale so that she realizes that there are lots of other children her age who love the Lord and are trying to follow Him.

It was a great week for her and we definitely want her to be able to go again next year. Hopefully, next year we can get some other children from our church to go too!

Comments

  1. How wonderful for her...it looks like she had a great time!
    Our daughter Amy just got back from camp on Saturday and our other daughter Sarah just left for camp after church yesterday!
    It is a very neat experience for them.

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like she had a real good time, I remember when I used to go to camp, it was a good time for sure, and then as I had children I used to go be a Counsler at their camp, good days, and I do miss them. Hugs and blessings, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so great for a young person to be at a Christian Camp and to be able to gain some spiritual lessons from Godly counselors. Every picture tells me that Emily had a terrific time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for her!
    I remember Christian Camp as a child and then went many times as a counselor.
    Those were happy times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.