Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Crafty Creations

It ended up taking me three weeks longer than I planned, but I finally finished the baby quilt for Emily's teacher. Company, church events, and life all kept getting in the way.

I just have to tack down the binding and iron it, but here is the finished result.

Photobucket

I'm pleased with how it turned out and I love the material. I used a soft flannel for the back.

Photobucket

Rather than machine quilting which doesn't seem to work well on flannel, I ended up tying the whole thing with embroidery thread.

When I first started making the quilt I was going to do just small 4" squares. However, I ended up changing the whole design. Hopefully Emily's teacher will like it!