Monday, July 12, 2010

How Does My Garden Grow

Photobucket

This has been a great year for the garden and it is humming along nicely. I'm starting to harvest some of the veggies out of it. There is nothing like biting into a vegetable fresh off the vine!

The peppers are coming in nicely.

Photobucket

I harvested my onions and the skins are drying in the sun.

Photobucket

There are a ton of little cucumbers growing on the vine.

Photobucket

I'm starting to get beans.

Photobucket

We ate our first cabbage yesterday.

Photobucket

Yellow squash.

Photobucket

The tomatoes are growing and I can't wait for them to ripen. Hopefully, we will have a large harvest this year. The grape tomatoes & roma plums are coming in nicely but my Big Boys seem to only have one or two blossoms and no tomatoes yet so we'll have to wait and see how they do.

Other things maturing: peas, zucchini, pumpkins, kale, kohlrabi, spinach, lettuce, eggplant, basil, mint, thyme, rosemary, oregano, dill, parsley, sage, and tarragon.

Before Saturday we hadn't had rain in about three weeks so I was doing a lot of watering. I didn't want to put in all the effort and money in the garden just to have it wither. It seems to have paid off though as everything is growing well.

How is your garden doing?