Beauty From Ashes

Photobucket

Isaiah 61:1-3 ~

"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, because the LORD has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;

He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
And the day of vengeance of our God;

To comfort all who mourn,
To console those who mourn in Zion,

To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;

That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."


Sadness and a heaviness. That is how I've been feeling lately.

I feel this way because I loved being home and caring for my family on a full-time basis. It took me years to get to the point where I was content to stay at home. I actually was at the point where I viewed that as my ministry and enjoyed all the little things I did throughout the day to minister not only to my family, but those who came through my door.

Then, as you know, things changed. God opened a new door and asked me to walk through it. I didn't want to and I resisted, yet I heard His voice very clearly saying, "This is where I want you to go." "Will you trust me?"

So I surrendered to His will and walked through the door.

I find myself in an environment where many do not know Him. I love working with the children and I love the teacher I'm with. When I'm at work I am fine. Yet, I feel like a fish out of water at times. There is gossip and competitiveness and backbiting. Many people do not know God and I'm an oddity for some of them. They know Dan is a pastor and I've gotten a few joking comments already.

I am a peacemaker and do pretty much get along with everyone. However, there are days when I really want to stay home, and not go back! I feel bad for people who are going through difficult times without the Lord in their lives. There is anger, bitterness, sadness and frustration. I'm trying my best to be a light and shine for Him.

I'm thankful that He has allowed this opportunity for me to be a light in my community, but it is difficult some days. I walked out my front door the other day and saw the last rose of the season (in the picture above). The Lord reminded me of this passage in Isaiah and that He can indeed loosen the chains of sin, comfort those who mourn and make beauty rise up out of the ashes.

Please pray that the Lord will use me where He has called me.

Comments

  1. I continue to pray for you Terri. I understand some of what you are saying. I ventured forth into voluntary work this week and hurried home like a scalded cat :) The outside world is a harsh one.
    Much love.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW that He is using you, Terri. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to continue to go in day after day to hear gossip, backbiting, and such, but you can be the light shining in the darkness. Just be yourself. You don't have to even open your mouth to witness, most likely. People will notice what you don't partake of, what you don't say, etc.

    "...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have known that feeling. God be with you, Terri.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Terri,

    I know that this must be very difficult for you...please know that I am praying for you!
    God has placed you there for a reason, you may never know the reason, but know that it is His will.
    Take care my friend! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri, how I wish we lived nearer each other. My day at work today was challenging to say the least. Thank the Lord that we both know He has called us to this. Hugs, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at this time as an opportunity to bring the love of Jesus to those who are lost and hurting.

    They may laugh and mock your faith but when trouble comes their way, you will be the one that they seek out because they will see something in you that is lacking in their lives.

    So be encouraged, Terri, for I know that the Lord has something wonderful in store for you. You just need to pray for those who persecute you and trust in the Lord to use you in all your circumstances. He will if you trust Him and remain faithful to Him!

    We will be praying for you.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Terri,
    I am with you. Even with Christians it can be like that. I didn't commit to anything at church this year. The gossip and backbitting in the ladies group where more than I wanted to deal with.
    God has great plans for you.
    Hugs and Prayers,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.