Monday, November 22, 2010

Multitude Monday

Control.

Something that I strive for all the time. If I'm not in control of a situation, I feel like something is not right with my world. I feel unsettled and anxious. Yet, God calls us to live a life of abandonment to Him. Of letting go and allowing Him to work in my life. Letting Him be in charge of what happens to me.

In so many ways I try to keep an iron-clad grip on my life. Slowly, as God works in my life, I'm letting go one finger at a time. I'll do okay for a while and then I'll realize that the fist is clenched again. It's hard to trust that He will work things out for my good. Yet, I know He will. I know He loves me and that when I am in charge things don't always go so well. The Lord knows what I need and what is best for me. I have always grown when I step out in faith.

One thing that helps in trusting God for my life, is looking around me with fresh eyes at the many blessings He has given me.

Blessings #26-35

♥ A child who is another step closer to achieving his goal.

♥ Pink skies each morning.

Photobucket

♥ A job that allows me to laugh my way through each day.

♥ A full moon to light the way.

Photobucket

♥ The crackling of radiators warming the house each morning.

♥ The smell of bacon in the air.

♥ Two unexpected gifts in the mail from dear friends.

♥ Gingerbread men waiting for the oven.

Photobucket

♥ Snuggling under warm blankets in a cold room.

♥ Waiting with excitement for relatives coming for a visit.

Finally,

♥ Brightening the holiday of 20 families with 20 baskets of food.


holy experience