Plugging up the Leaks - Menu Planning

My food budget has been creeping up since I started working and I need to plug up the leaks somehow. I know one thing that has helped is using the crockpot and prepping anything that can be before I leave for work in the morning.

I am so tired when I get home and it's difficult to get motivated to cook. Having it either ready or mostly put together is a big help. The holiday didn't help with the food bill since I bought a lot of extras.

So, I'm going to try my best to make things stretch through this week and into next. One thing that always helps me is to write out a menu for the week.

Here is the plan for this week.

Monday
B - Cereal, juice
L - At school
D - Crockpot chicken & herb dumplings, tossed salad, fruit salad

Tuesday
B - Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, juice
L - At school
D - Italian sausage & peppers, Homemade Italian bread, steamed broccoli

Wednesday
B - Homemade Onion bagels, cream cheese, juice
L - At school
D - Slow cooker sloppy Joes over homemade hamburger buns, tossed salad

Thursday
B - Waffles, sausage, juice
L - At school
D - Leftovers

Friday
B - Cereal, juice
L - At school
D - Crockpot meatloaf, baked potatoes, steamed corn

Saturday
B - Blueberry pancakes, sausage, juice
L - Homemade pizza - choice of veggie or sausage, tossed salad
D - Ham & scalloped potatoes, homemade biscuits, steamed carrots

Sunday
B - Cereal, juice
L - Broccoli chicken potato parmesan skillet, homemade dinner rolls, salad
D - Leftovers

Comments

  1. Hi Terri,
    I am with you. I brought way too much food over the holiday. My food bill has been more than it should be. That is my first order of business in Dec.
    Have a blessed week.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it all looks delicious Terri. I am trying to buy in bits to stock up for Christmas things now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live