Home Baked Gifts

After three days of dealing with the stomach bug, I was planning on laying on the couch last night and watching a movie. To be honest, in all my Christmas preparations I had forgotten about getting something for the kid's teachers. This is one of the downsides of working a full-time job. All the little touches I used to do seem to be getting pushed to the background.

However, Emily came home yesterday afternoon and reminded me that she wanted to bring something for the teachers. So, rather than the traditional cookies, we opted for candy because it is far easier to pull together.

She did most of the work herself. I didn't even have packaging in the house so we improvised and used brown lunch bags, which she decorated with Christmas stamps and stickers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we went to work, making chocolate truffles rolled in cocoa powder or coconut.

Photobucket

She also made chocolate dipped pretzel rods rolled in either chopped pecans or sprinkles.

Photobucket

They are not the prettiest, but they taste good!

Photobucket

I added some rum balls I made this weekend. So in a relatively short amount of time, she had yummy treats for all of her teachers. I'm glad we were able to do it and I still ended up being able to watch a movie! ;-)

Comments

  1. I hope you are feeling better, Terri.
    What a wonderful gift for her teachers!

    I hope you and your family have a very blessed Christmas!

    Love,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you get a chance you'll have to post your recipe for the chocolate truffles. They look yummy! What a great job Emily did. Homemade gifts are the best. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily is quite the little homemaker and has a heart as big as all outdoors! God Bless you Emily! You are on your way to having a servants heart for God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.