Multitude Monday

Baking...
Shopping...
Making Cards...
Writing Advent devotionals...
Giving out Christmas Baskets...
Baking cookies.

All the things that I enjoy yet when I overdo them leads me to feel

Stress...
Anxiety...
Exhaustion...
Frustration...
and Even Anger.

Why is it that I put so much pressure on myself to perform? This is the time of the year when I should be reflecting on the birth of Christ and all He has done for me. Instead, I am feeling the need to outdo myself from previous years. To stretch myself to the breaking point.

I don't focus on Christ. He gets lost in the busyness. He is pushed to the side in the craziness of going, going, going and doing, doing, doing.

This weekend I had enough. I decided that I had to stop this internal desire to create a magical holiday. To keep up with others.

I decided to be still. To reflect. To just enjoy the gifts He has given me in my family. So this week, I am not baking another cookie. I'm not making another ornament. I'm not running around in a frenzy.

I'm going to be continuing to thank Him for the blessings He has given me.

Blessings #81-96

~ A family who loves me and forgives me and my failures.

~ A daughter growing up into a beautiful young lady.

Photobucket

~ 14 girls who love 3D Girls and look forward to it on Wednesdays.

Photobucket

~ The God-given peace inside in the midst of financial stress.

~ An evening spent with friends.

Photobucket

~ My daughter's tear-stained face as she shares with me an encounter she had with God.

~ The pleasure my middle son takes in his job.

~ Girls sweet voices, practicing a song for Christmas eve.

Photobucket

~ A son's laughter.

Photobucket

~ Popcorn with loads of butter.

~ Good smells wafting through the house.

~ Holiday cookies.

Photobucket

~ Children excited about the gifts they have purchased for others.

Photobucket

~ A reprieve in my schedule that allowed the children to shop for each other.

~ Working alongside my daughter in the kitchen.

Photobucket

And finally,

~ Peace that comes from listening and obeying His voice.

Won't you join us as we count our blessings?

Comments

  1. Always inspiring words from you Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a beautiful Christmas, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Blessings Terri! I know this time of year can get crazy! Our family has chosen to slow down this Christmas and keep it simple...so far I am really enjoying it! Enjoy your day!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure can relate to this post. Our sunday school class had a christmas party on Sunday as I taught the lesson but I was all day Saturday making cookies until 9 P.M. and then I had to study my lesson. That was just a little stressful for me.

    Your tree is beautiful as well as that big smile from Nathan.

    At least you have a good helper in Emily but I agree that it is more important that you take the time to meditate on Jesus the reason for the season. Nothing else really matters that much.

    Merry Christmas, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right!!
    Your house looks beautiful and decorated so nicely. Your family is wonderful and happy. God is blessing your ministry and your
    service to Him. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A BLESSED NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live