Saturday, January 29, 2011

One Thousand Posts

I happened to look this morning as I was typing up my post and realized that this morning's, "Wednesday Words of Encouragement" was my 1,000th post. I have been blogging for exactly 3 years. It started out as a way to keep in touch with family and let them see the daily happenings of our children. We live so far away from all of our family and only see them once or twice a year.

However, over the years I've gotten to know so many different women through this blog. Some of you I've never met face to face and yet I feel like I know you because we've had almost daily conversations for three years. Others I know through church and work. Some live close to home and others live across the ocean and in other countries. It's been such a wonderful experience for me getting to know you!

The main purpose of my blog is to try and be an encouragement to others. So what better way to continue to offer encouragement than to host a blog give-away. All you have to do is leave me a comment on this post between now and Sunday, January 30th to be entered into a drawing. Though not necessary, it would be helpful to me if you could let me know some way that this blog has encouraged you.

The winner will receive a box of homemade items and other goodies. It will be a surprise because I need to pull it together first! ;-) However, I think you will enjoy it.

So, leave me a comment and I'll put your name in a basket and draw a winner on Sunday. This is open to readers no matter where you live.

Edited to add: You don't have to have a blog to leave a comment here. Also I do have one or two facebook friends who have had problems leaving comments here and you can always leave the comment under the post on facebook and I'll add your name too.