Multitude Monday

Community

Photobucket

I love our church family. I've never experienced such a sense of community in all of my years of attending church. They are passionate about reaching out. They love God. They love each other. They love us.

Photobucket

They are not perfect. They make mistakes. They are believers working their way through life and trying to live for God.

They forgive each other. They don't put demands on us. They are willing to try new things.

Photobucket

We have such an interesting mix in our church.

From older...
Photobucket

To younger...
Photobucket

Yet there is not a lot of age segregation in our congregation. Perhaps it's because we are a smaller church and don't have a lot of resources. However, it has evolved into something that I think is much the way church should be.

We have a nursery for the youngest children, but they are not required to be there. Children church is offered up to age ten for those children who desire it. Most of our children sit in the service. They listen to Dan. They usually draw a picture depicting what the sermon was about. They actually get quite a bit from the message.

We don't have youth group and our teens hang with the adults. And they like it! They participate in the service. They come week after week. Many of them come even though their parents do not. They come with grandparents or friends.

There is nothing spectacular to draw them. We don't have a bunch of fancy programs. Just the sense of community. The feeling of belonging. Of being liked. Of the older wanting them to be there.

It is WONDERFUL!

My church is at the top of my list of blessings this week.

Blessings #191-200

♫ A church family that I love with all my heart.

♫ A father who enjoys his children.

Photobucket

♫ Young friends who keep me feeling young.

Photobucket

♫ A church family who loves to laugh.

Photobucket

♫ Celebrating a milestone - 18 years old!

Photobucket

♫ Catching up with old friends.

Photobucket

♫ Babies and children.

Photobucket

♫ Men in our church with a passion for God and for reaching out to others.

Photobucket

♫ A husband who leads his congregation by example.

Photobucket

Finally,

♫ The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, which is the real reason we have fellowship with each other.

Comments

  1. What a tremendous church you have - just the way it should be!
    Our's is a small church and we are praying for God to grow it - could you please pray with us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day, Terri!

    Your Church sounds a lot like our Church. A small congregation....a Church family full of love for each other and our Savior. My son visited our Church yesterday and he could feel all of the passion we share.

    I love coming to visit you. Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful blessings...church family is so important!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a wonderful church family you have!

    I enjoy reading all your blessings!

    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, I will definitely be praying for your church.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lot of blessings - I'm sorry we could not make the Chilefest. We were at Chuck E. Cheese instead (ugh!)but hey, you're only 8 once, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Terri...It's Kim Murphy here. Just wanted to let you know that I read your blog and love it! I really love the description of your church--exactly the way it should be, I think. Too many churches get all caught up in programs and curriculum and, it seems, a lot of age segregation. I truely believe that church is supposed to be all of us together, living our lives before God, growing, being tested and encouraging one another...All together. What a blessed church!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m here today from Ann’s. I know it’s Thursday and the linky is on Monday – but getting through them all to get to yours took some time :)

    First – I can’t pick a fave from your list because it’s all just beautifully “God” designed. Our faith was never meant to be practiced in isolation – we need each other. I was blessed by all the pictures and words. Thank you

    God Bless and Keep You and yours

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live