New York Style Cheesecake

Photobucket

Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts, but it definitely has to be the creamy, New York style cheesecake. Stephen requested this for his birthday and this recipe has worked for me every time.

Graham Cracker Crust
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. butter, melted

Combine crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.

Cheesecake
3 8-oz. packages cream cheese, softened (I take it out of the fridge about an hour or two before I need it)
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in vanilla; our over crust.

Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees. Continue baking for 25-30 minutes or until set. Loosen cake from rim of pan after it cools completely. Waiting until it cools will prevent your cheesecake from cracking. Chill.

Top with filling of your choice. I usually use cherry or strawberry.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Yummy! He is a lucky young man to have such a good cook/baker for a mama.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love cheesecake but I've never made one like this.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe ~ I have never made a real cheesecake! :)

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the same recipe I use also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live