Multitude Monday

We sang a new song in church yesterday called, A Greater Song. The chorus talks about singing a greater song to God on earth. It reminded me that our lives are a song to God. How we live our life is the melody.

We can either live a song of praise and thanksgiving to Him or a song of complaint. We can reach out to others with our song or sing a lonely tune that only we can hear.

I want my life to be a song that brings Him glory and a song that turns others to Him. I don't just want to hum a tuneless bit of nothing; I want my life to be a beautiful melody that points others to Him.

However, I fail quite often. I sound more like a discordant, clanging noise. More often than not, my song may cause others to cover their ears and look at ME and not the Lord.

I find it's when I take time to focus on His word and walk in fellowship with my God that the song changes and a melodious tune begins to take shape again.

Looking for the blessings each week and taking time to sing them helps me be a greater song to the One who created the song in my life.

This week, I'm thankful for Blessings #271-285

♫ Seeing the supermoon on Saturday and getting a great picture of it.

Photobucket

♫ Newspapers from a friend to help with the packing.

♫ Being able to start bringing things to the new house early.

Photobucket

♫ Friends who spent an afternoon helping us hang blinds and clean.

Photobucket

♫ A dear lady who faithfully decorates the church each month.

Photobucket

♫ A tree house ready for Emily to play in.

Photobucket

♫ Boys learning a new skill yesterday which led to...

♫ New blinds.

Photobucket

♫ Designer curtain rods which were left for us.

♫ A dishwasher also left.

♫ A gift of a used double oven. I love to cook so I really appreciate this!

♫ Beautiful crocuses.

Photobucket

♫ Temperatures in the 60s for a couple of days.

♫ A son enthusiastic about cooking.

Photobucket

and finally...

♫ The desire planted in me for my life to be a beautiful song!

Comments

  1. Wonderful Blessings...Great photo of the moon! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blessings to share with us! The lady who decorates the Church each month has inspired me to do a little something in the foyer of our Church. Sure would make it look more welcoming. I gave my BFF the book "One Thousand Gifts" for her birthday and she is loving it. Your new home looks lovely.

    Have a good week.....Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you as you move and get things arranged and just the way you want them. It's likea brand new start.

    Loved your comments about a new and greater song. I will sing louder and reach out more today because of it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live