Ten Layer Casserole

I had a couple of people ask me for this recipe so I thought I'd share. It is a crockpot recipe and I tweaked it a bit and made it my own and it's easy and tasty!

Ten Layer Casserole

6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
1 lb. ground beef, browned
1 lb. ground pork sausage, browned
1 16 oz. can kidney beans or any kind of bean you'd like (I used garbanzos)
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, mixed with two tablespoons flour
1/4 cup water
16 oz. shredded colby jack cheese
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

1. Layer 1 - 1/4 of potatoes, 1/2 of onion, salt and pepper
2. Layer 2 - 1/2 cup of corn, 1/2 can of the beans
3. Layer 3 - 1/4 of potatoes, 1/4 cup of cheese
4. Layer 4 - 1/2 cup of peas
5. Layer 5 - 1/4 of potatoes, 1/2 of onion, salt & pepper
6. Layer 6 - Remaining corn, 1/2 can of the beans
7. Layer 7 - Remaining potatoes, 1/4 cup of cheese
8. Layer 8 - Remaining peas and water
9. Layer 9 - Ground meat and tomatoes
10. Layer 10 - 1 cup of cheese

Cover. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender.

Comments

  1. Thank you, Terri. It sounds good and simple.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I would have like to see a picture of it on someones dinner plate. Thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Fixed the recipe, Mandi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live